Rules for Funding Foreign Mobility of Students from the Faculty of Management
The Faculty of Management supports students from scholarship funds during their travel abroad. The student’s request for funding is forwarded to the Scholarship Commission of the Faculty of Management via the Vice-Dean for Development and External Relations. The funds are usually paid to students before their travel and after their return.
The request for funding before travel abroad does not involve a formal procedure; it is enough if the student sends an e-mail with the following information:
- Form of travel
- Name of the foreign school or organization providing the professional internship.
- Destination country.
- Exact departure date (from – to)
- The required attachments are:
- Exchange stay: Signed Learning Agreement (on behalf of FM by the Vice-Dean for Pedagogical Activities)
- Professional internship: Signed Learning Agreement or Training Agreement (on behalf of FM signed by the guarantor of the 61PXE0 and 62PXE0 modules), confirmation of the total averages achieved in the previous study
- Summer school: Confirmation of admission to the Summer School, confirmation of the total average grade for previous studies, confirmation of enrolled subjects with the stated number of credits or certificate of completion of the summer school.
- Other forms of mobility: Confirmation of admission to a foreign school (typically a Letter of Acceptance), confirmation of the total average grade for the previous studies, confirmation of enrolled subjects with the stated number of credits.
The support is in the form of a scholarship, which is paid to the student as a one-off payment and is a fixed amount irrespective of the length of the stay. The amount depends on the type of mobility and the destination country (the country of mobility) in the appropriate cost group. The payment is forwarded to the account number listed in InSIS. Therefore, the student should check its accuracy.
Upon return from a foreign trip, the student may request additional support of 10% of the amount paid before departure. This is conditioned by a written report summarising their experience from the travel abroad and briefly describing the presentation and promotional activities during the trip. The report must include the student’s consent to the processing of personal data and consent to engage in the promotional activities of the faculty. Subject to the GDPR regulation, this must also be signed. A signature can also be attached electronically by inserting the signature image into the appropriate field. Another option is to manually attach the signature and subsequently scan and send the report.
The Faculty of Management endeavours to encourage foreign mobility and to assist students as much as possible. However, it should be noted that this form of support is not an entitlement and may change over the course of the year. It must also be emphasised that faculty resources are limited and the amount of support provided is unlikely to cover all the expenses related to foreign mobility.
Students of the faculty also have an opportunity to obtain other funds to compensate for their efforts and to pay the costs associated with obtaining a language certificate. The condition for payment of this form of support is to achieve a minimum B2 level, which is necessary for participation in the selection procedure for exchange study stays. The achievement of the appropriate language level is verified according to the tables available here.
The amount of scholarship associated with obtaining a language certificate depends on the language level achieved.
- In the case of level B2, it is equal to the demonstrable costs of obtaining the certificate up to a maximum level of 5000 CZK per language certificate.
- In the case of level C1, it is equal to the demonstrable costs of obtaining the certificate up to a maximum level of 6000 CZK per language certificate.
Students can also participate in a photo competition on the social networks of the Faculty of Management. Top-ranked photos are rewarded in the form of a scholarship according to the competition rules.
Students can also receive support from the faculty’s funds for activities related to sharing their experiences from foreign trips, e.g. by organising lectures for other faculty students, preparing an exhibition on student mobility, etc.
Amount of financial support per country (valid from 1st September 2019)
|Exchange programme||Short-term exchange programme||Professional internship||Other forms of mobility|
South African Republic
United Arab Emirates
United States of America