Modernisation of teaching and working facilities at FM in JH
Introductory press release
In 2012 the Faculty of Management at the University of Economics, Jindřichův Hradec (sixth faculty of the University of Economics in Prague) submitted an application for a subsidy to the Operational Programme Research and Development, Priority Axis 4 – Infrastructure for teaching at universities related to research for the implementation of the project entitled Modernisation of Teaching and Working Facilities at the FM in JH. On 2nd December 2013, the Deputy Minister of Education, Youth and Sports signed the Decision on the provision of the subsidy.
The project implementation will commence on 1.1.2014 with the completion date scheduled for 30.4.2015. The total cost of the project will amount to 79 000 129.00 CZK, of which eligible expenditure amounts to 78 693 939.00 CZK (of which 85% is to be subsidies from EU funds and 15% from the state budget), while the ineligible expenditure of the project amounts to 306 190.00 CZK.
The partial objectives of the project include the provision of modern infrastructure for education and scientific research of doctoral students and young scientists. Further objectives also include the provision of infrastructure for the organisation of doctoral conferences, workshops, roundtables, etc., and the creation of suitable facilities for the involvement of graduates in R&D projects, in research programmes and other scientific and research activities.
The main benefits of the project will be:
- Reconstruction of the existing facilities of FM at VŠE, modernisation of the exterior and additional activities consisting of the addition of HW and SW, office equipment etc.
- Expansion of the premises, which will be resolved by the structure added above Pavilions B and C, thus creating office space for scientific and pedagogical staff, offices for visiting professors and post-doctoral trainees, offices for PhD students, science support facilities (Vice-Dean for Science, Office for Science and Research), and classrooms for the organisation of summer schools, scientific seminars and international conferences.Tisková zpráva závěrečná
Final press release
The Faculty of Management at the University of Economics, Jindřichův Hradec completed the project entitled the Modernisation of Teaching and Working Facilities at FM in JH funded from the Operational Programme – Research and Development for Innovations (OP R&DI), where the main objective was to improve the quality of educational infrastructure related to R&D and innovation activities.
The sub-objectives of the project included the provision of modern infrastructure for science and research conducted by students of master’s and doctoral studies, as well as the necessary infrastructure for holding doctorate and scientific conferences, workshops and roundtables, and finally to create a suitable environment for the involvement of graduates in R&D, especially in grant projects, programmes and other scientific and research activities.
The framework of the implemented project in the years 2014 – 2015 included the modification and revitalisation of classrooms, lecture halls used for lectures that have a direct impact on R&D activities, and offices for scientific-research and pedagogical staff. Furthermore, an extension structure was built above Pavilions B and C (5th floor), which will house new offices for visiting professors, young scientists and R&D department facilities.
The general contractor of the building was OHL ŽS. The construction work was completed this March. This was followed by the refurbishing of the newly renovated and revitalised classrooms and offices including the installation of new computers and audiovisual equipment. The whole project was completed on 30th June 2015.
Project team members
- Ing. Mgr. Miroslav Malec – project manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Radim Jiroušek, DrSc. – financial manager, email@example.com
- Ing. Jana Krbová, Ph.D. – assistant manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ing. Jozef Košťál – technical manager, email@example.com
- Mgr. David Štrobl – IT manager, firstname.lastname@example.org